About UsOur mission is to help businesses prosper through advocacy, education and exposure.
The Fort Pierce-St. Lucie County Chamber began in 1906 as the local board of trade. Sometime later, the name was changed to the Fort Pierce-St. Lucie County Chamber of Commerce. In 1977, the G.O. Team was formed and entered into a contractual relationship with the Chamber. That relationship was ended in 1990, with the G.O. Team, known at that time as the St. Lucie County Economic Development Council, moving into office space of its own.
In 1982, the Greater Port St. Lucie Chamber was formed to better serve the interests of the businesses in southern St. Lucie County.
The St. Lucie County Chamber of Commerce, Inc., its present form, resulted from the merger of the Fort Pierce-St. Lucie County Chamber of Commerce, Greater Port St. Lucie Chamber of Commerce and the economic development council known as the G.O. Team, Inc. on October 1, 1993. The merger occurred because businesses recognized the value of having one business organization to represent them. At that same time, a Fort Pierce Area Council and Port St. Lucie Area Council were formed to ensure that the needs of both cities were adequately represented.
In November 1999, the St. Lucie County Chamber of Commerce entered into an agreement with the City of Fort Pierce to operate a St. Lucie County Visitor Center in the Seven Gables House in historic downtown Fort Pierce to assist residents and visitors with local information and a historical perspective of our area.
In 2013, the Chamber’s Administrative Offices made the move to our current location on Midway Road to allow the Chamber to better serve both Port St. Lucie and Fort Pierce in a central area.
We continue to serve as the “Unified Chamber of St. Lucie County”, proudly serving Port St. Lucie, Fort Pierce, and all of St. Lucie County.