St. Lucie County Chamber of Commerce Announces the 33rd Annual Business & Industry Awards Winners
Fort Pierce, FL – October 26, 2017. The St. Lucie County Chamber of Commerce and TD Bank are pleased to announce the winners for the 33rd Annual Business & Industry Awards.
These awards have a rich history in St. Lucie County and past winners include some of the top employers, contributors and community partners currently conducting business here in St. Lucie County. With a crowd of over 370 community leaders, the Chamber recognized businesses in 7 categories for their overall impact on the economic well-being and quality of life. This year, nominees were submitted by the Committee as well as the general public. Judging criteria included community involvement, economic impact, Chamber participation, and environmental responsibility. Nominees were then narrowed into subcategories, then finalists from whom an overall category winner was chosen.
The Winners are:
- Health Services: Treasure Coast Healthcare System
- Hospitality: Islamorada Beer Company
- Non-Profit Organizations with 1-25 Employees: St. Lucie Habitat for Humanity
- Non-Profit Organizations with 26+ Employees: Boys & Girls Club of St. Lucie County
- Non-Profit Organizations (subsidized): Council on Aging of St. Lucie
- Professional Services with 1-5 Employees: ACCH Insurance Agency, LLC
- Professional Services with 6+ Employees: WQCS
- Retail Sales with 1-50 Employees: Aztec Graphix
- Retail Sales with 51+ Employees: Treasure Coast LExus
- Trades and Services: Goodfella’s Pest Management
The Chamber also honored the winner of the Fort Pierce Police Officer of the Year, Detective Samuel Cooper, winner of the Port St. Lucie Police Officer of the Year, Detective Richard Giaccone, as well as the winner of the Children’s Services of St. Lucie County’s Community Impact Champion, Hector Ramirez of Parent Teen Community Connection.
The awards ceremony also presented Wendy Dwyer, Freelance Writer & Creative Contributor, with The Scott Van Duzer Award which honors an individual’s contribution to the community. The award was presented by board members of The Van Duzer Foundation.
The 33rd Annual Business & Industry Award dinner was held Wednesday, October 25, 2017 at Treasure Coast Lexus.
The Unified Chamber of St. Lucie County is an organization of business owners working together to help grow their business through advocacy, education and exposure.
To view or purchase high quality prints of the event shipped directly to you, please contact Marisol Photography at (772) 343-0611 or email MarisolC69@yahoo.com.