St. Lucie County Chamber of Commerce
Announces the 35th Annual Business & Industry Awards Winners
Fort Pierce, FL – Septmeber 25, 2019. The St. Lucie County Chamber of Commerce and MIDFLORIDA Credit Union are pleased to announce the winners for the 35th Annual Business & Industry Awards. This year the Chamber formed a wonderful new partnership with CBS 12 News resulting in maximum exposure of not only this event, but the Chamber as a whole. This partnership has also afforded the Chamber the opportunity to have a celebrity co-host CBS 12 News Anchor Liz Quirantes help celebrate the evening.
These awards have a rich history in St. Lucie County and past winners include some of the top employers, contributors and community partners currently conducting business here in St. Lucie County. With a record crowd of over 425 community leaders, the Chamber recognized businesses in 16 categories for their overall impact on the economic well-being and quality of life. This year, nominees were submitted by the Committee as well as the general public. Judging criteria included community involvement, economic impact, Chamber participation, and environmental responsibility. Nominees were then narrowed into subcategories, then finalists from whom an overall category winner was chosen.
The Winners are:
- Animal Services: Fort Pierce Westwood Vet Tech Academy
- Auto Services: AAA Auto Club
- Financial Services: MIDFLORIDA Credit Union
- Food & Beverage: Sailfish Brewing Company
- Health Services: Windsor Imaging
- Insurance Services: Post Insurance Agency
- Legal Services: Hoskins Turco Lloyd & Lloyd
- New Business: Texas Roadhouse
- Non-Profit Organizations: Peter W. Busch Family Foundation
- PR/Media Services: WPSL
- Professional Services: ManPower
- Real Estate Services: Coldwell Banker Paradise Hoyt Murphy Realtors
- Retail Services: Notions & Potions
- Subsidized Organizations: CareerSource Research Coast
- Tourism: Freedom Boat Club of Ft. Pierce
- Trades: Southern Eagle Distributing
The Chamber also honored the winner of the Fort Pierce Police Officer of the Year, Detective Jasmine Mojica, winner of the Port St. Lucie Police Officer of the Year, Officer Scott Marreel, winner of the St. Lucie County Sheriff’s Deputy of the Year Deputy Jennifer Keefe as well as the winner of the Children’s Services of St. Lucie County’s Community Impact Champion, Jessica Drew of Martin Health Maternal Child Home Care Services.
The awards ceremony also presented Stacy Malinowski with The Scott Van Duzer Award which honors an individual’s contribution to the community. The award was presented by board members of The Van Duzer Foundation.
The 35th Annual Business & Industry Award dinner was held Wednesday, September 25, 2019 at Treasure Coast Lexus.
The Unified Chamber of St. Lucie County is an organization of business owners working together to help grow their business through advocacy, education and exposure.
To view or purchase high quality prints of the event shipped directly to you, please contact Marisol Photography at (772) 343-0611 or email MarisolC69@yahoo.com.