St. Lucie County Chamber of Commerce
Announces the 34th Annual Business & Industry Awards Winners
Fort Pierce, FL – Septmeber 26, 2018. The St. Lucie County Chamber of Commerce and MIDFLORIDA Credit Union are pleased to announce the winners for the 34th Annual Business & Industry Awards.
These awards have a rich history in St. Lucie County and past winners include some of the top employers, contributors and community partners currently conducting business here in St. Lucie County. With a crowd of over 370 community leaders, the Chamber recognized businesses in 16 categories for their overall impact on the economic well-being and quality of life. This year, nominees were submitted by the Committee as well as the general public. Judging criteria included community involvement, economic impact, Chamber participation, and environmental responsibility. Nominees were then narrowed into subcategories, then finalists from whom an overall category winner was chosen.
The Winners are:
- Animal Services: North Port St. Lucie Animal Hospital
- Auto Services: St. Lucie Battery & Tire
- Financial Services: IBM Southeast Employees’ Credit Union
- Food & Beverage: St. Lucie Draft House
- Health Services: Tradition Family Chiropractic
- Insurance Services: GEICO Local Office
- Legal Services: Carroll Collins Bail Bonds
- New Business: HopLife Brewing Company
- Non-Profit Organizations: Grace Way Village
- PR/Media Services: All Things Treasure Coast
- Professional Services: Aycock Funeral Home
- Real Estate Services: Realtor® Association of the Palm Beaches & Greater Fort Lauderdale
- Retail Services: Swig of Color
- Subsidized Organizations: Children’s Services Council of St. Lucie County
- Tourism: St. Lucie Mets
- Trades: AApex Electric
The Chamber also honored the winner of the Fort Pierce Police Officer of the Year, Acting Sergeant Willis Tumblin, winner of the Port St. Lucie Police Officer of the Year, Officer Justin Kerns and Officer Fred Knaggs, as well as the winner of the Children’s Services of St. Lucie County’s Community Impact Champion, Tammy Rubino of Martin Health Maternal Child Home Care Services.
The awards ceremony also presented Theresa Wyres with The Scott Van Duzer Award which honors an individual’s contribution to the community. The award was presented by board members of The Van Duzer Foundation.
The 34th Annual Business & Industry Award dinner was held Wednesday, September 26, 2018 at Treasure Coast Lexus.
The Unified Chamber of St. Lucie County is an organization of business owners working together to help grow their business through advocacy, education and exposure.
To view or purchase high quality prints of the event shipped directly to you, please contact Marisol Photography at (772) 343-0611 or email MarisolC69@yahoo.com.