St. Lucie County Chamber of Commerce Announces the 32nd Annual Business & Industry Awards Winners
The St. Lucie County Chamber of Commerce and TD Bank are pleased to announce the winners for the 32nd Annual Business & Industry Awards.
These awards have a rich history in St. Lucie County and past winners include some of the top employers, contributors and community partners currently conducting business here in St. Lucie County. With a crowd of over 370 community leaders, the Chamber recognized businesses in 7 categories for their overall impact on the economic well-being and quality of life. This year, nominees were submitted by the Committee as well as the general public. Judging criteria included community involvement, economic impact, Chamber participation, and environmental responsibility. Nominees were then narrowed into subcategories, then finalists from whom an overall category winner was chosen.
The Winners are:
- Health Services with 1-49 Employees: Haisley Funeral & Cremation Service
- Health Services with 50+ Employees: Physician’s Immediate Care
- Hospitality: PGA Golf Club
- Non-Profit Organizations with 1-25 Employees: Sarah’s Kitchen
- Non-Profit Organizations with 26+ Employees: Boys & Girls Club of St. Lucie County
- Non-Profit Organizations (subsidized): St. Lucie County Sheriff’s Office
- Professional Services with 1-5 Employees: Craig Jeffries Wealth Management Group, LLC
- Professional Services with 6+ Employees: Port St Lucie Broadcasters, Inc (WPSL 1590, WSTU 1450, WJNX LaGigante1330)
- Retail Sales with 1-20 Employees: Dyer Chevrolet Ft. Pierce
- Retail Sales with 21-50 Employees: Garber Buick GMC in Fort Pierce
- Retail Sales with 51+ Employees: TD Bank
- Trades and Services with 1-10 Employees: TLC Experts
- Trades and Services with 11+ Employees: Tropicana
The Chamber also honored the winner of the Fort Pierce Police Officer of the Year, Detective Jesse Streeter, as well as the winner of the Children’s Services of St. Lucie County’s Community Impact Champion, Wendy Zuniga of the Multi-Cultural Resource Center.
The awards ceremony also marked the inaugural presentation of The Scott Van Duzer Award which honors a small business’s contribution to the community. The first recipient of this award was presented by Fort Pierce Mayor Linda Hudson and Terissa Aronson, President/CEO of the Chamber to the Van Duzer Foundation.
The 32nd Annual Business & Industry Award dinner was held Wednesday, September 28, 2016 at Treasure Coast Lexus.
The Unified Chamber of St. Lucie County is an organization of business owners working together to help grow their business through advocacy, education and exposure.
To view or purchase high quality prints of the event shipped directly to you, please contact Marisol Photography at (772) 343-0611 or email MarisolC69@yahoo.com.